WHY AM I LAUGHING SO HARD WHY IS MY SENSE OF HUMOR THIS TERRIBLE
I’m just going to leave this here.
Sacred Grove of Bomarzo, Viterbo, Italy. Vicino (Prince of Orsini) and Pirro Ligorio, 1552
Vicino created the “Grove of Monsters” as a strange love poem to his deceased wife, Giulia. The shapes of the enormous boulders in his garden reminded him of monsters, and he transformed these boulders into dragons, nymphs, and other fantastic creatures.
"Whoever does not walk through this place with eyebrows raised and lips pressed tight, will also be incapable of understanding the Seven Wonders of the World."
- Inscription at the entrance to the sacred grove, near a statue of Giulia with the body of a female Sphinx
I sometimes wonder if Americans get this part of the film, because basically all the Swans in England belong to the Queen and it’s against the law to kill one, and because they’re Police Officers, they obviously can’t break the law so they save the Swan
I am an american and I had no idea thank
I am british and I had no idea thank
this is the most Acme image i’ve seen in my life
Art Nouveau House
Sunshine all the time makes a desert
Arab proverb (via maghfirat)
These simple words are so profound & thought provoking.
- the enemy within: “two kirk”
- the galileo seven: “gorilla’s planet”
- shore leave: “funny funny amusement planet”
- amok time: “vulcan’s secret”
- i, mudd: “alice in wonder space”
- obsession: “revenge! gas monster”
- day of the dove: “mystery in space! eating angry!?”
these are a thousand times better. alice in wonder space needs to be a thing.
Page 1 of 144